By Murali V
There are plenty of ways to lower blood sugar; the best way to go about it is to tell yourself first that it is possible to control your blood sugar without being wholly dependent on pharmaceutical remedies. Once we've convinced ourselves that it is possible to take control of our disease with the things that we normally can do alongside our medication, our body's resistance and strength will follow suit.
Diabetes is not a disease of the old. According to recent statistical data from various medical centers around the world, the incidence of juvenile diabetes is steadily rising due to one factor mainly: environmental. Because the youth in general no longer are encouraged to eat organic food and to exercises to burn off excess calories, the rise of diabetes is exponentially rising. There have even been reported cases of diabetes type two on children as young as four years old. Though this is issue has another cause.
To lower blood sugar, you need to take a few easy steps, and assuredly, you will be able to take control of your blood sugar the natural way:
1. Physical activity- it is a known fact that diminishing physical activity has dire consequences for the body, for the simple reason that the human body cannot in any way handle excessive loads of fat and sugar for prolonged periods of time without the internal systems taking damage.
2. Diet- undoubtedly you have been warned of the dangers of not altering your diet once you have been diagnosed with diabetes. A good diabetic diet should consist not of red meat, but instead, lots of vegetables with fiber and lean meat or what they call white meat.
3. Outlook- having a positive outlook in life would undoubtedly boost your immune system. So if you have been a lifelong cynic, perhaps it is time for you to remove the negative thinking from your own life. It has been proven medically that the body is physically affected by the way we think- and this goes the same about lowering your blood sugar.
4. Food supplements- there are plenty of food supplements out there that you can purchase to get a normal range for blood sugar. The fact remains that these are only supplements and will only be effective If you use them in combination with the right diet and proper exercise.
5. Sufficient rest- because diabetics are always in a state of constant battle for normal blood sugar levels, it is important to note the importance of sufficient rest versus too much sleeping. According to recent studies, too much sleep is harmful for the body. The recommended hours of sleep for individuals is eight hours a night.
Even if you don't have diabetes yet, make sure to educate yourself thoroughly about diabetes signs and symptoms. It is far better to catch it early than when you already have it in your body. There are other ways to lower blood sugar- it's your task to find the ones that would work for you the best.
Have New Posts From Diabetic Eats Delivered To Your Email